Growing up we are taught that there are no stupid questions, it is quite true. A Google search for "What is love" returns over 3.5 billion pages, which is about half the population of the entire world. The retail industry in the United States is expecting about $14.1 billion in sales from Valentine day sales. Every time that I log into my email or Facebook I see silly ads with headlines saying "Find a Nice Christian Man in Your area". The online dating industry has exploded in our (short) lifetime, over 20 million users visit dating sites each month in the United States. It seems as if the whole world is looking for love.
As young ladies many of us may have experienced what we may believe to be our "first love". I can personally attest that my old claims were only infatuations and nothing close to what I hope real love will be. I still do not understand fully what love is but I know that I have not experienced it yet. I have been taught that love is defined as
- Eros- Marital or sexual love
- Philio- Brotherly/friendship (Conditional)
- Agape- Sacrificial (Unconditional)
Most of us are in high school or even in college and it seems that everyone is in love or has found a significant other. I can honestly say that I am impatient when it comes to waiting and dating but believe me when I say that this is only a snapshot compared to the rest of your life. A boyfriend today does not mean that you will have the life that you desire (and deserve) years down the line. No matter how old you are, if you allow God to write your story you will be happy and fulfilled with or without a boyfriend or husband. So please celebrate and enjoy your life, seek God and wait for love to unfold before your eyes.
No comments:
Post a Comment